Whether you think it’s cliche or just plain dumb, I call it genius! I have heard a lot of people say,
I don’t waste my time writing bucket lists about things I’m not going to accomplish. I just simply do the things I want to do in life.
Well – great, good for you. No one told you creating a bucket list was going to force you to do all these things and leave you unfulfilled if you die an unexpected death too soon. You are the only one putting pressure on yourself to get them done. It is so important to think of your bucket list as an inspirational piece of writing that keeps you focused and on the right path to your happy place. It is not a to-do list or a schedule, it is an inspirational diary that you can carry with you through life and look back on time to time to remember the things you would like to do and things that inspire you.
Need a little nudge?
Here are 20 amazing things you should be adding to your bucket list (especially if you’re a traveler)!
- Write a Travel Blog
- Work in a Foreign Country
- Climb a Volcano
- Backpack Across an Entire Country
- Volunteer your skills and time while traveling
- Take a Photography Class
- Learn how to Cook
- Go Glamping
- Travel Across an Entire Country by Train
- Attend La Tomatina in Spain
- Go Bungee Jumping
- Hit up all 7 Wonders of the World
- Experience Oktoberfest in Germany
- Climb a World Famous Mountain
- Travel Solo
- Build an Igloo and Sleep in it
- Learn how to Speak a New Language
- Go see the Northern Lights
- Fill your Passport Front to Back
- Make a new best friend everywhere you go